Travelonz

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome to my travel blog

Here is a favorite image, photographed on my first trip to Vietnam.

A fragrant haze of incense drifts over brightly colored joss sticks deep in the interior of the Thien Hau Temple. Above the sand-filled bronze urns, coils of incense hang suspended from painted rafters.

The center of the roof is open to the sky; sunlight illuminates beautifully carved friezes decorating the interior brick walls.

Visitors wander through dreamy park-like settings to see monks at prayer, or to admire the fragrant blossoms of the apricot tree.

Then the reverie is shattered upon finding the only facility on the premises is a squat potty. 

Thien Hau Temple, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 

2 comments:

  1. Congulatulations for the starting your BROG.
    Your travel articles are great and it seems to be a helical tooth. It is just like I have alredy gone. But I cannot go and visit so many places like you. Thus your BROG expands my world. Please upload more articles. I know you have visited many other strange countries.
    From a Japanese reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for your feedback. I enjoy hearing from my readers. In the next few days I will be posting photos and stories from Japan.

    ReplyDelete